ACNE CAN CAUSE LOW SELF ESTEEM AND EMBARRASSMENT AT ANY AGE.
Acne is a common skin condition that occurs when hair follicles become clogged with dead skin cells and oil from the skin. When there is an increase of the level of androgens or certain hormones in the body this can lead to acne. This is usually experienced during puberty but can occur at any age as our hormones levels change throughout our lives.
Common types of acne include comedones (blackheads and/or whiteheads), pustules and increase in severity to cystic acne which can often lead to scarring. We recommend early treatment of acne to prevent the skin from becoming scarred. We also offer treatment options to reduce the appearance of existing acne scars and associated hyperpigmenation.
At The Cosmetic Studio Noosa we target active acne and acne scarring by making use of various cosmetic and medical treatments.
THESE TREATMENTS INCLUDE:
- Use of Cosmeceuticals (active skincare such as Vi Derm or Alpha H)
- Suitable prescription medication when indicated
- Medical Grade Skin Peels (such as the Vi Peel or Vitamin A Peel) used for both active acne & scarring
- Dermapen (advanced skin needling) used for active acne & scarring
- Dermal Fillers for depressed acne scarring
- Advice about the management and maintenance of healthy skin
- Referral to Dermatologist if needed for severe cystic acne
At the Cosmetic Studio Noosa we offer complimentary acne consultations with our experienced registered nurses. During this consultation we will perform a detailed assessment of your skin and determine an individual treatment plan to manage your acne.