Manage Acne & Maintain Healthy, Clearer Skin
Acne is a common skin condition that occurs when hair follicles become clogged with dead skin cells and oil from the skin. When there is an increase in the level of androgens or other hormones in the body this can lead to acne breakouts. This is usually experienced during puberty but can occur at any age as our hormones levels change throughout our lives.
Common types of acne include comedones (blackheads and/or whiteheads), pustules and increase in severity to cystic acne which can often lead to scarring. We recommend early treatment of acne to prevent the skin from becoming scarred. We also offer treatment options to reduce the appearance of existing acne scars and associated hyper-pigmentation.
We target active acne and acne scarring by making use of various cosmetic and medical treatments. A a multi-disciplinary approach for acne is highly recommended to keep breakouts at bay, prevent scarring and maintain results.
THESE TREATMENTS INCLUDE:
- Use of Cosmeceuticals (active skincare such as Medik8 or Alpha H)
- Suitable prescription medication when indicated
- Medical Grade Skin Peels (such as the Vi Peel, Vitamin A Peel or Jessner Peel) used for both active acne & scarring
- Dermapen (advanced skin needling) used for active acne & scarring
- Dermal Fillers for depressed acne scarring
- Healite II to heal skin from below the surface, assist to eradicate P Acne Bacteria (Propionibacterium Acne) and control sebum production
- Advice about the management and maintenance of healthy skin (hormonal factors, diet and lifestyle)
- Referral to Dermatologist if needed for severe cystic acne
We offer complimentary acne consultations with our experienced Paramedical Skin Therapists. During this consultation they will perform a detailed assessment of your skin and determine an individual treatment plan to manage your acne and maintain results.
Before & After Results
Results from Vi Peel